Sails in Atlas MMO Game come in three sizes (Small, Medium and Large) and three types (Handling, Speed and Weight). Depending on the size of your Ship and how many Sail Units it has available, you can combine different sizes and types of Sails to create a Ship perfectly tailored to your Company's needs.
How to Build Sails in Atlas
- Once able to craft from a skill perspective, players must also find enough materials to fulfill the blueprint.
- Improving your crafting skill will unlock better Sails, leading to strongholds and even forts for your naval empire.
All Sails in Atlas
There are three types of Sails in Atlas:
- Handling or 'Bermuda' Sail - this kind of Sail is able to better catch the wind, even at unlikely angles.
- Speed or 'Gaff' Sail - this type of Sail provides a speed bonus to your Ship (values?).
- Weight Sail - the weight Sail type increases the carrying capacity of your Ship (a small weight sail adds 250, a medium weight sail adds 750 and a large 1000).
Sail Unit Costs
The Sails on your Ship cannot exceed the total Sail Unit capacity of that particular vessel: for example a Sloop has 2.0 Sail Units while a Galleon has 16.0, meaning a Galleon can take advantage of many more Sails, and different combinations thereof, than a Sloop might.
- Small Sails: 1 Sail Unit
- Medium Sails: 1.7 Sail Units
- Large Sails: 2.7 Sail Units
Handling Sails are unlocked for Crafting via the Seamanship Skill Tree.
Speed Sails are unlocked for Crafting via the Seamanship Skill Tree.
Weight Sails are unlocked for Crafting via the Seamanship Skill Tree.